BDBAN was formed in 2013 by a group of nine (9) passionate boerboel lovers and it became operational in the same year.
BDBAN is a not-for-profit organization, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission to operate as a breed club for the South African Mastiff, called the Boerboel.
BDBAN was incorporated with the following aims and objectives:
1. To Furthering the advancing of the Breeding of South African Boerboels in Nigeria.
2. To organize SABBS sanctioned Boerboel Appraisals & Shows in and around Nigeria.
3. To organize such other Boerboel activities that will ennoble the Boerboel breed including but not limited to conducting obedience trials, and other sanctioned or licensed events.
4. To do all in its power to protect and advance the interest of the South African Boerboel dog and to encourage sportsman-like competition at dog shows, obedience trials, and other sanctioned events.
5. To promote the natural versatility of purebred South African Boerboel and breeding for type and function; and to advocate for the purebred dog as a family protective companion.
6. To seek, to advance South African Boerboel health and well-being, while working to promote responsible dog ownership and education.
The association is affiliated with the South African Boerboel Breeders’ Society (SABBS) and is the sole representative of that association in Nigeria regarding any boerboel related issues and events.
Being an affiliate of SABBS.org, the constitution of BDBAN aligned with that of SABBS, with some modifications to address our own peculiar situation in Nigeria and to fall in line with the Companies and Allied Matters, Act, upon which BDBAN was registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Every member and prospective member is expected to read and understand the content and meaning of all the provisions in this constitution to know their rights and obligations.
Download the Constitution here.
Code of Conduct
The Codes of Conduct below consist of the expectations of BDBAN from all members. It spells out the way every member must carry out breeding activities, the ethics, what constitute offences, penalties and other regulatory procedures.
See the Code of Conducts Here.
Membership of BDBAN is open to all boerboel breeders, owners and lovers.
Any person anywhere in the world, who is engaged – directly or indirectly – in the promotion and breeding of Boerboels, is eligible for membership of SABBS.
Subject to relevant conditions in the Constitution, members in good standing enjoy all the rights and privileges of membership, including the right to vote at general meetings, and the right to be elected into various positions in the BDBAN.